Bruce Highway Maroochydore Road Interchange Upgrade
Sections of the Bruce Highway, including the Maroochydore Road Interchange, are experiencing traffic congestion and reduced safety associated with economic and population growth.
Building Queensland is leading the development of the Bruce Highway Maroochydore Road Interchange Upgrade in partnership with the Department of Transport and Main Roads. The business case is investigating the following:
- upgrades to the Maroochydore Road and Mons Road interchanges, including a new East-West bridge over the Bruce Highway and signalisation of ramp intersections at Maroochydore Road
- 2-way service roads on both sides of the highway between interchanges
- upgrade of Mons Road interchange and south facing ramps
- Mons Road underpass, Chevallum Road and Mons Road northbound exit ramp relocation
- Mons Road southbound entry ramp.
Building Queensland expects to complete the detailed business case in Q2 2018, before presenting it to the Queensland Government for consideration.All Current Business Cases
Building Queensland is leading the development of the Bruce Highway Upgrade—Caboolture-Bribie Island Interchange to Steve Irwin Way Interchange Detailed Business Case, in partnership with the Department of Transport and Main Roads. The detailed business case is investigating an upgrade to a six-lane divided carriageway on the 11-kilometre section of the Bruce Highway. The project is […]
Building Queensland is leading the development of the Nullinga Dam Detailed Business Case in partnership with SunWater. The proposed Nullinga Dam site is located on the Walsh River in the Atherton Tablelands. It has been proposed as a future water supply to serve growing urban demand in Cairns and to stimulate irrigated agriculture in the […]