Bruce Highway – Maroochydore Road Interchange Upgrade
The main drivers for the Bruce Highway Maroochydore Road Interchange Upgrade are congestion and safety. Crash numbers per kilometre within the area are more than twice the Bruce Highway average and there is worsening congestion at both the Mons Road and Maroochydore interchanges during peak hours, resulting in increased travel times and reduced trip reliability.
Building Queensland led the Bruce Highway Maroochydore Road Interchange Upgrade Detailed Business Case in partnership with the Department of Transport and Main Roads. The business case investigated the following:
- upgrades to the Maroochydore Road and Mons Road interchanges, including a new East-West bridge over the Bruce Highway and signalisation of ramp intersections at Maroochydore Road
- 2-way service roads on both sides of the highway between interchanges
- upgrade of Mons Road interchange and south facing ramps
- Mons Road underpass, Chevallum Road and Mons Road northbound exit ramp relocation
- Mons Road southbound entry ramp.
The detailed business case was endorsed by the Building Queensland Board in Q2 2018.All Completed Business Cases
The development of the Cross River Rail station at Roma Street has provided the opportunity to redevelop an underutilised section of the Brisbane central business district and the most connected transport precinct in Brisbane to create a world-class entertainment arena for Queensland.
Building Queensland led the development of the Bruce Highway Deception Bay Road Interchange Detailed Business Case in partnership with the Department of Transport and Main Roads. The business case investigated the following enhancements to reduce congestion and improve safety: replacement of the existing two-lane Deception Bay Road bridge over the Bruce Highway with two 4 […]
The Bruce Highway is a vital link for general traffic, freight and tourism joining Brisbane to the Sunshine Coast, Wide Bay and central and northern Queensland.