Release 2 of Business Case Development Framework now available
08 December 2016
Release 2 of the Business Case Development Framework (BCDF) is now available on the Building Queensland website.
The BCDF is a suite of documents created by Building Queensland, in accordance with the requirements under the Building Queensland Act 2015, to assist with the development of consistent and rigorous Business Cases.
The BCDF focuses on the development of Strategic, Preliminary and Detailed Business Cases. These guides, supported by Social Impact Evaluation and Cost Benefit Analysis Guides, have been further enhanced and additional documents developed including:
- an overview document which illustrates how the BCDF interacts with other state and national frameworks, as well as key BCDF documents
- a Benefits Management Framework to support a lifecycle approach to investment benefits
- a guide to Building Queensland’s requirements for Investment Logic Mapping.
Release 2 BCDF was completed in consultation with reference groups consisting of representatives from agencies, peak bodies, advisers and national infrastructure peers, as well as other expert working groups. The key updates include:
- clearer articulation of the requirements to align to strategic priorities and support local, regional, state and national plans
- increased focus on benefits, risk, quality assurance and stakeholder engagement
- enhanced focus on addressing service need rather than problems
- improved content alignment with the Queensland Government Project Assessment Framework and Infrastructure Australia’s Assessment Framework requirements.
The BCDF is intended to be a living suite of documents that will be periodically refined and enhanced as we continue to engage with stakeholders and respond to changes in international best practice and the economic landscape. Information sessions will be held in February 2017 to further inform stakeholders of the changes.
20 June 2017
Building Queensland is partnering with the University of Melbourne in its Next Generation Engagement Project—Australia’s largest national consultation on engagement. In collaboration with 25 other national infrastructure, government, industry and research organisations, Building Queensland will help identify and address the knowledge gaps in engagement, social risk management and social licence impacting infrastructure projects.
30 August 2016
Building Queensland is leading the charge to improve the way the Queensland Government develops infrastructure proposals having developed its own best practice Business Case Development Framework.
27 June 2016
Building Queensland today released its first Infrastructure Pipeline Report to assist the Queensland Government in making its major infrastructure decisions.
Expert-led board appointed to build Queensland’s future
28 October 2015
The Palaszczuk Government today announced the eight-member board of Building Queensland, delivering a key election commitment and ensuring a whole-of-government perspective is brought to major infrastructure planning, prioritisation and investment.
BQ seeks industry experts to guide Queensland’s infrastructure program
08 October 2015
Expressions of interest are now being called for board positions on the Palaszczuk Government’s newly created independent infrastructure advisory body, Building Queensland.