Release 2 of Business Case Development Framework now available
08 December 2016
Release 2 of the Business Case Development Framework (BCDF) is now available on the Building Queensland website.
The BCDF is a suite of documents created by Building Queensland, in accordance with the requirements under the Building Queensland Act 2015, to assist with the development of consistent and rigorous Business Cases.
The BCDF focuses on the development of Strategic, Preliminary and Detailed Business Cases. These guides, supported by Social Impact Evaluation and Cost Benefit Analysis Guides, have been further enhanced and additional documents developed including:
- an overview document which illustrates how the BCDF interacts with other state and national frameworks, as well as key BCDF documents
- a Benefits Management Framework to support a lifecycle approach to investment benefits
- a guide to Building Queensland’s requirements for Investment Logic Mapping.
Release 2 BCDF was completed in consultation with reference groups consisting of representatives from agencies, peak bodies, advisers and national infrastructure peers, as well as other expert working groups. The key updates include:
- clearer articulation of the requirements to align to strategic priorities and support local, regional, state and national plans
- increased focus on benefits, risk, quality assurance and stakeholder engagement
- enhanced focus on addressing service need rather than problems
- improved content alignment with the Queensland Government Project Assessment Framework and Infrastructure Australia’s Assessment Framework requirements.
The BCDF is intended to be a living suite of documents that will be periodically refined and enhanced as we continue to engage with stakeholders and respond to changes in international best practice and the economic landscape. Information sessions will be held in February 2017 to further inform stakeholders of the changes.
19 April 2018
The Queensland Government has accepted Building Queensland’s advice to preserve the Townsville Eastern Access Rail Corridor (TEARC)—a move that will significantly reduce the future financial costs of delivering the project when it is needed.
15 February 2018
Building Queensland has released the Nullinga Dam and Other Options Preliminary Business Case.
30 January 2018
Building Queensland has today released a summary of the Smithfield Transport Corridor Upgrade Detailed Business Case and cost benefit analysis.