Proposal Stage of Development: Preliminary Business Case Complete
Date of Publication: December 2016 (for period 4 June 2016 – 3 December 2016)
The scope and scale of services and physical infrastructure at Caboolture Hospital are insufficient to meet the future demand of the Caboolture community. The hospital is currently operating at capacity, with available services and amenities no longer sufficient to support Caboolture’s growing and ageing population. In particular, infrastructure constraints are resulting in extended emergency department and outpatient waiting times, emergency department overcrowding and delays in provision of care.
The objectives of the proposal are to:
- relieve pressure on current infrastructure by increasing capacity on site, both near-term and longer-term
- help address long wait times and achieve treatment targets
- improve operational and clinical performance by providing contemporary models of care and care pathways
- address workforce issues, including attracting and retaining staff, and addressing workplace health and safety issues
- address site access, flooding and car parking issues.
Complete Detailed Business Case > Building Queensland to lead Detailed Business Case.