Proposal Stage of Development: Preliminary Business Case Underway
Building Queensland Role: Assisting with Preliminary Business Case
Estimated Cost of Delivery: $100–$150 million*
Date of Publication: December 2017
The scope and scale of services and physical infrastructure at Ipswich Hospital are insufficient to meet the future demand of the West Moreton population. Current infrastructure constraints result in extended Emergency Department waiting times, Emergency Department overcrowding and a large number of patients travelling to other hospitals for treatment. The region also faces high rates of chronic disease and an ageing population.
The proposal is investigating options to redevelop Ipswich Hospital, repurpose existing facilities and investigate partnership opportunities to achieve increased capacity in key areas.
The project is expected to:
- increase availability and services to local residents
- defer major hospital infrastructure investment by implementing a staged approach to the overall redevelopment
- improve access and equity to health care services for the West Moreton community
- increase efficiency and utilisation of existing beds.
Complete Preliminary Business Case
* Cost to be determined following further scoping analysis.