BQ Role: Assist with business case
Proposal Stage of Development: Business case underway (in parallel with procurement)*
Estimated Cost of Delivery: $40-$60 million**
Date of Publication: June 2016
The Queensland Government Information and Communications Technology Audit 2012 lists the current Laboratory Information System as the third highest at risk application to the state that requires an upgrade or replacement.
Over the past decade, there have been significant advances in technology that can be used for the tracking and ordering of pathology testing. To meet its needs into the future and support its customers, Queensland Health requires a modern Laboratory Information System that is responsive and adaptive.
The objectives of the proposal are to:
- deliver modern, efficient and cost-effective pathology and forensics services
- make service provision more collaborative and cost effective
- deliver better patient outcomes
- deliver future innovation around ‘in or near-home care’
The proposal will deliver a system to be accessed statewide by Queensland pathology services, doctors, hospitals and other medical service providers.
Complete concurrent Business Case and Procurement.*
* Concurrent Business Case and Procurement to validate Business Case options, which will then inform an investment decision.
** A range is provided by the Responsible Agency as a number of options are still being considered. An estimate will be provided once the Business Case is complete.