Proposal Stage of Development: Detailed Business Case Underway
Building Queensland Role: Leading Detailed Business Case
Estimated Cost of Delivery: $260–$280 million*
Date of Publication: December 2017
The scope and scale of Logan Hospital’s services and physical infrastructure are insufficient to meet existing demand. Rapid and culturally diverse population growth coupled with an ageing population have resulted in a significant increase in demand for emergency beds. Capacity constraints have resulted in extended Emergency Department and outpatient waiting times, Emergency Department overcrowding and delays in provision of care.
The proposal is investigating options to improve existing facilities by building a new clinical services building either as a stand-alone facility or on top of existing buildings.
The project is expected to:
- increase capacity
- increase service access at Logan Hospital and reduce burden on out-of-locality services
- reduce reliance on Emergency Department short-stay
- improve facilities and health care services
- improve work conditions for staff and staff retention
- improve education opportunities for health care professionals.
Complete Detailed Business Case
* A range is provided by responsible agency as a number of options are still being considered.