Proposal Stage of Development: Detailed Business Case Underway
Planned Stage End Date: Q1 2017
Date of Publication: December 2016 (for period 4 June 2016 – 3 December 2016)
Brisbane’s major performing arts venues are currently at capacity and there is increasing pressure on the largest venues to satisfy demand from touring producers and audiences.
The proposal is investigating the delivery of a 1,500 to 1,700 seat theatre venue in close proximity to the existing arts, cultural and entertainment precincts. The objectives of the proposal are to:
- meet demand from the arts sector for greater access to Brisbane venues
- increase economic activity driven by touring productions and tourists
- showcase Queensland’s home companies to wider audiences and attract talent to Queensland
- grow the range of performing arts experiences available to Brisbane
- strengthen Brisbane’s cultural tourism offering and reinforce the state’s cultural credentials.
Complete Detailed Business Case > Building Queensland assisting with Detailed Business Case
* Subject to selection of the preferred site, delivery and operating models.