BQ Role: Assist with preliminary evaluation
Proposal Stage of Development: Preliminary evaluation underway
Estimated Cost of Delivery: TBD*
Date of Publication: June 2016
The Queensland healthcare system is evolving. Increased demand for services is being driven by the ageing population; increasing consumer expectations; growth in per capita use of health services; and the growing burden of chronic conditions. Increasingly, healthcare models are shifting focus from episodic and provider-centric service delivery to patient-centric and accountable health management. The current patient administration system in use in Queensland cannot support this evolving model of care and a modernised solution is under investigation.
The objective of the proposal is to deliver an efficient and cost effective system that supports patient-centric care.
The proposal aims to:
- provide more comprehensive, up-to-date and accurate information about the care a patient has received
- work in a more integrated way with specialised scheduling systems, clinical information systems and clinical support systems
- enable a patient to actively participate in, and control, their care
- support new models of care and care delivery
- improve efficiency of resource usage and support more accurate costing of activity and billing
The proposed Patient Administration Program will deliver modernised solutions for registering patients, billing, managing patient flow and tracking activity in all Queensland public hospitals.
Complete Preliminary Evaluation.
* An estimate will be provided once the proposal has been developed further