Proposal Stage of Development: Detailed Business Case Underway
Planned Stage End Date: Q1 2017
Date of Publication: December 2016
Outside of South East Queensland, Public Safety Agencies rely on outdated analogue networks that are not secure and do not allow for cross-agency communication. They are nearing network capacity and have coverage limitations in some areas. In addition, equipment is nearing end-of-life and requires upgrading. In some areas equipment does not comply with Australian Communications and Media Authority licensing requirements.
The proposal is assessing the most suitable delivery model and value for money options for the provision of a fit-for-purpose digital radio communications network for Public Safety Agencies in regional Queensland. Australian Communication and Media Authority radio spectrum compliance has been taken into consideration as well as the utilisation of existing infrastructure and state resources. Implementation of the proposal is expected to deliver the following benefits:
- Public Safety Agency collaboration and performance
- officer safety and enhanced operational effectiveness
- alignment to mission critical communication standards
- operational resource management
- data to inform future operational and strategic plans, policies and procedures.
Complete Detailed Business Case > Building Queensland leading Detailed Business Case
* Nominal cost in Australian dollars, Building Queensland Detailed Business Case 2016.