BQ Role: Lead business case
Proposal Stage of Development: Preliminary evaluation complete
Estimated Cost of Delivery: $430 million*
Date of Publication: June 2016 (for the period 3 December 2015 – 3 June 2016)
The existing Sunshine Motorway, Nicklin Way and Kawana Way transport infrastructure lacks capacity to accommodate forecast travel demand, resulting in significant congestion and potential increases in motor vehicle incidents.
The objectives of the proposal are to:
- improve safety by reducing motor vehicle incidents and weaving at the Mooloolah River interchange
- increase capacity on the Sunshine Motorway between the Kawana Way interchange and the new Mooloolah River interchange
- better connect Sunshine Coast University Hospital, Maroochydore, Kawana and Caloundra via a new Mooloolah River Crossing
The proposal will deliver a range of roadworks in the area of the Mooloolah River interchange of the Sunshine Motorway, including:
- expanded lane connections
- river crossings
- intersection upgrades
Complete Business Case.**
* Nominal cost in Australian dollars 2015, estimate provided by Responsible Agency.
** The Responsible Agency has advised that the completion of the Business Case is subject to Queensland Government consideration.