Proposal Stage of Development: Preliminary Business Case Complete
Building Queensland Role: To Lead Detailed Business Case
Date of Publication: June 2017 (for period 4 December 2016 – 3 June 2017)
The infrastructure at Toowoomba Hospital is operating at capacity in a number of areas and the hospital currently faces long Emergency Department waiting times and overcrowding. Forecast demand, driven by a growing and ageing population and high levels of chronic disease, is expected to place further pressure on the hospital. The current asset condition and functionality is not supporting the efficient and effective delivery of contemporary health services at the hospital.
Options being investigated include a new build and/or refurbishment of existing facilities.
The project is expected to:
- improve the efficiency of health services
- increase service access in the region and reduce patient travel
- reduce recruitment and staff turnover costs
- reduce repairs and maintenance costs
- improve emergency access target performance
- reduce inpatient re-admissions
- improve car parking access.
Commence Detailed Business Case