Bruce Highway – Maroochydore Road Interchange Upgrade
The main drivers for the Bruce Highway Maroochydore Interchange Project are congestion and safety. Crash numbers per kilometre within the area are more than twice the Bruce Highway average and there is worsening congestion at both the Mons Road and Maroochydore interchanges during peak hours, resulting in increased travel times and reduced trip reliability.
Building Queensland led the Bruce Highway Maroochydore Interchange Project Detailed Business Case in partnership with the Department of Transport and Main Roads. The business case investigated the following:
- upgrades to the Maroochydore Road and Mons Road interchanges, including a new East-West bridge over the Bruce Highway and signalisation of ramp intersections at Maroochydore Road
- 2-way service roads on both sides of the highway between interchanges
- upgrade of Mons Road interchange and south facing ramps
- Mons Road underpass, Chevallum Road and Mons Road northbound exit ramp relocation
- Mons Road southbound entry ramp.
The detailed business case was endorsed by the Building Queensland Board in Q2 2018.
View the Bruce Highway Maroochydore Interchange Project business case/cost benefit analysis summary.All Completed Business Cases
Building Queensland led the development of a detailed business case for the Ipswich Hospital Redevelopment Stage 1A in partnership with West Moreton Health and Queensland Health. The West Moreton Health Master Plan identifies a preferred configuration of facilities to support future service need and proposes a staged redevelopment of facilities across the catchment over 15 […]