Proposal Stage of Development: Preliminary business case
Redcliffe Hospital is located on the north-east side of the Redcliffe peninsula in the Moreton Bay Region, approximately 28 kilometres north east of the Brisbane central business district. Redcliffe Hospital has experienced significant increases in presentations to the emergency department, demonstrating the need to increase the capacity of health services delivered in the area. Coupled with robust population growth there is also a need to consider future arrangements for replacing critical infrastructure, including major plant, that is at capacity or nearing the end of its useful life.
Options investigated in the preliminary business case include:
- minor upgrades to maximise the services at the current facility
- increase in services at other health facilities in the area
- repurpose and refurbishment of the campus without major infrastructure development
- staged redevelopment of the Redcliffe Hospital Campus
- redevelopment on a greenfield site.